Tuesday 5 April 2016

Shades of Happiness !!





Shades of Happiness !! Completed my first Workshop session "HEALING AND GROWING THROUGH KUCHIPUDI" at the Kasthurba Children's home (Bala Sadanam), Guruvayur.

Even though I was apprehensive at first on how to deal with those kids, all that changed once I felt their love and affection and they made me feel much more confident before I even started. The enormous satisfaction of teaching these 'invisible kids' (invisible because we choose to ignore them) in a scenario where Dance is perceived as a high-priced luxury or glamour, is what excited me.
I can unfalteringly say that apart from learning a new art form, practicing Kuchipudi increased their positive emotions and optimism, decreased their negative emotions and physical symptoms, and made them feel more connected and satisfied with life in general.
With a bowed head, my gratitude to all ones out there who supported my initiative, and the ones who shared that this inspired them to start their works as well.
Let "Changing Lives Through a Little for a Lot" be "our" mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment